Identify and describe a recent change that occurred in your workplace. It could be a change in the levels of staffing; a change in policy, such as time off or tuition reimbursement; a change in use of equipment or supplies; a change in charting or computerized medical records; and so on.
This is a 3-step project:
- Identify a change.
- Find 6 articles.
- Write an annotated bibliography for each article.
Please read the detailed instructions below carefully.
Step 1: Write 3–4 sentences answering the following questions:
- Identify and describe a recent change that occurred in your workplace. It could be a change in the levels of staffing; a change in policy, such as time off or tuition reimbursement; a change in use of equipment or supplies; a change in charting or computerized medical records; and so on.
- Describe the change in 3-4 sentences.
- 1 of the sentences should address the rationale for the change.
Step 2: Begin researching scholarly articles from the library from the past 5 years that are related to the change issue identified in Step 1.
- Complete a 6-column table of the references you found, including the following:
- Author(s) last name, first initial.
- Title of article.
- Title of Publication,
- Volume #(Issue #),
- Pages of the article.
- A minimum of 6 scholarly references are needed to complete this assignment; you may find more.
Change Issue: Low Census Staffing Policy
Currently, when the patient census is low, staff go home based on tenure; the same staff are continually going home, resulting in a lower paycheck for these nurses. The proposed change is to rotate all staff to leave when the census is low, regardless of tenure, so the burden of potentially lower pay is shared among the entire staff and not the same few.
Author Last Name, First, Initial.(Year).Title of Article.Title of Publication,Volume #
Step 3: This step requires the development of an annotated bibliography for each of the 6 articles listed in Step 2. This step should be 6 paragraphs total (1 for each article that is summarized and analyzed) and approximately 450–700 words in 2–3 double-spaced pages.
Consider the following:
- Summarize the main points for each of the 6 references (must be from within the last 5 years) from Step 2, each in its own paragraph.
- Use the MEAL method of writing, where each paragraph contains a minimum of 4 sentences:
- M = Main point
- E = Example and/or Evidence (citation)
- A = Analysis—refers to what was significant about the article and how the article was related to the change topic you selected.
- Be sure to include at least 1 analysis sentence about each reference in that paragraph.
- L = Link or transition to the main topic
- Remember to cite each article appropriately (Author(s) Last Name, Year) and include an APA formatted reference page. (See APA 6th edition).
Please click on this APA Style for CTU Students link for help with APA formatting. Use the CTU Writing Style Guide (templates provided)—not the Introductory Writing Style Guide.
Individual Project Rubric
The Individual Project (IP) Grading Rubric is a scoring tool that represents the performance expectations for the IP. This Individual Project Grading Rubric is divided into components that provide a clear description of what should be included within each component of the IP. It’s the roadmap that can help you in the development of your IP. Individual Project Grading Rubric
Please submit your assignment.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
The post Identify and describe a recent change that occurred in your workplace. It could be a change in the levels of staffing; a change in policy, such as time off or tuition reimbursement; a change in use of equipment or supplies; a change in charting or computerized medical records; and so on. appeared first on Shine Essay.
What Students Are Saying About Us.......... Customer ID: 12*** | Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first 🙂 Great job, thank you!"
.......... Customer ID: 11***| Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
"This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent."